d*s playlist + adblock info

a good place to talk about whatever you want concerning the comic or it's characters. this also the place where people can tear apart h's shoddy writing by discussing her probably many plot holes and such. wahoo!

d*s playlist + adblock info

Postby teh hchano » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Because this needed a thread. Lol.

The Addon!
http://adblockplus.org/en/
I only know it works for Firefox, but there is a download for Chrome as well...
I can't vouch for it, however.

1) Once you have installed it, go to the icon on your bar with ABP [red stop sign]
and go to preferences -OR- go to firefox menu Tools - 'Adblock Plus Preferences ...'
2) Drop down Filters - Add Filter Subscription - choose EasyList (USA)
3) Restart firefox.

Blamo. No more ads pretty much anywhere, and best of all, no
commercials on Youtube! :) [or on live stream, if you watch people
draw on there much!]

The Playlist!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CItW9x6STEM&p=A833EC6DCC5E8FA0&index=1 (use the autoplay button~)
Current Song Count: 122
Various genres, though mostly rock/indie and some pop/electronic or instrumental/BGM
type stuff...All have some place in the story, or just make me think of certain characters
or canon pairings lol.

Latest addition(s)!
06 02 11 - thrice[x2], crystal method, placebo
05 20 11 - tv on the radio, spinnerette, goldfrapp[x2]
04 15 11 - ally kerr, stabbing westward, sasha & maria
04 07 11 - matchbook romance, planet funk, the glitch mob
03 31 11 - mogwai - i know you are but what am i, autorock, a fine frenzy - rangers, people in planes - mayday
03 26 11 - good old war - that's some dream, pure reason revolution - bullitts dominae
03 15 11 - vienna teng - daughter, paul taneja - city lights, antimatter - weight of the world, arcade fire - my body is a cage, eilera - the angel you love, the angel you hate
03 03 11 - trentemoller - the mash and the fury, maxence cyrin - where is my mind, carbon leaf - changeless, carbon leaf - learn to fly
02 23 11 - damien rice - volcano, bel canto - waking will, foo fighters - all my life, snow patrol - somewhere a clock is ticking
02 17 11 - starfucker/pyramidd - isabella of castile, dangermouse+sparklehorse - revenge, Даха Браха - Весна, deftones - rocket skates [remix] (DOH!!! accidently deleted this post...lol..DAMN MOD POWERS!!!)
02 10 11 - Godsmack - Serenity, Azure Ray - Rise, Thrice - Lullaby, A Silent Film - You Will Leave A Mark
02 03 11 - Placebo - Sleeping With Ghosts / Broken Promise, James Yuill - This Sweet Love, TSAR - Ordinary Girl / The Girl Who Wouldn't Die
01 24 11 - Meiko - Hawaii, Aqualung - The Lake
01 15 11 - Clem Snide - Something Beautiful, Portishead - The Rip, Silent Hill: Origin - O.R.T.
01 07 11 - Guano Apes - Don't You Turn Your Back On Me / BFF- Mess [readding]
01 05 11 - GY!BE [x2] / Team Sleep / Ill Niño / Mandalay

Feel free to make suggestions :) I am always up for listening to new music.
teh hchano
that vulgar chick

Re: d*s playlist + adblock info

Postby teh hchano » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:10 pm

teh hchano
that vulgar chick

Postby teh hchano » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:13 pm

Updated with two rather haunting songs [they go well with the scenes i am currently
drawing and also later scenes lol]:
meiko
aqualung
teh hchano
that vulgar chick

Postby teh hchano » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:34 am

I went ahead and moved this to the general section. I don't know why
I had it in the latest pages section 8D;
teh hchano
that vulgar chick

Postby teh hchano » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Updated:
placebo - sleeping with ghosts
placebo - broken promise
james yuill - this sweet love
tsar - ordinary girl
tsar - the girl who wouldn't die

Most of these are songs I've heard in the past that I wanted to use for d*s
but forgot about. The James Yuill one is a song suggested by my bestie, who
knows d*s and the charas pretty damn well, so it was a good suggestion :)
teh hchano
that vulgar chick

Postby Ayshara » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:24 am

Ayshara
petty human

Postby teh hchano » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:24 pm

Updated:
godsmack - serenity -- I really like these lyrics. This was a suggested addition! Never listened to godsmack really before. :)
azure ray - rise -- I picture this to a later scene...pretty and mellowww.
thrice - lullaby -- I love this band. They do hard stuff like this and softer stuff like Atlantic [also on the playlist]. This song makes me think of Kou.
a silent film - you will leave a mark -- This song makes me think of quite a few characters, but Kou is the only one introduced right now lol. [he gets a lot of angsty songs..sorryguy.] I've debated putting it on my playlist for a while but I still loves @ it.

--REMOVED--
avril lavigne - alice -- I got tired of hearing her whining anytime I put this playlist on while drawing. I still love the hell out of these lyrics and the music, but her vocals just ruin this song for me...esp the part @ 1:20 ...foadiaf, bitch 8( I'll continue to hope someone with actual talent will cover this song so I can add that version :)
teh hchano
that vulgar chick

Postby teh hchano » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:31 am

Updated with a bunch I've somehow forgotten to add, even tho songs
like volcano and all my life are some i've associated with d*s since I
started writing it lol... A couple of these are Kou songs or Kou/Ry songs
too lmao 8D;; *ships own charas XD;;*

damien rice - volcano i kissed your mouth and back, that's all i need. don't build your world around me, volcanoes melt you down...
bel canto - waking will the sun warms my face, and i feel, i feel... it ain't no end for the living. so autonomic, you interrupt my dream, yeah you interrupt me...
foo fighters - all my life will i find something in there, to give me just what i need... another reason to bleed. one by one, hidden up my sleeve...
snow patrol - somewhere a clock is ticking i've got this feeling that there's something that i missed, don't you breathe...something happened that i never understood, you can't leave...

teh hchano
that vulgar chick

Postby teh hchano » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:39 am

Some BG musics, and some Carbon Leaf. I ONLY JUST REALIZED THERE
WAS NO CARBON LEAF ON THE PLAYLIST. I'M GOING TO HELL FOR THAT.
THEY ARE AWESOME. Also, the playlist could use more 'uplifting' sound to
it so there we go. [even if the lyrics are often bittersweet lol...]

trentemoller - the mash and the fury - BGM... I'll be replacing this if ever a better quality version pops up on YT. This version is kind of tinny/some instruments aren't picking up in it...
maxence cyrin - where is my mind - BGM, again. I never get the chance to touch on the subject of Vix rather good at playing Piano [and sub par at guitar lol]...hopefully I can slip it in, at least for a side story.
carbon leaf - changeless what are the odds that we won't meet again? what are the odds, what are the odds that i will miss your smile?
carbon leaf - learn to fly i can feel your heart and i can hear your cry. and as i fall apart, i learn to fly. a dirty bird like me can learn to fly...

teh hchano
that vulgar chick

Postby teh hchano » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:41 pm

some new stuff from the past few days~

vienna teng - daughter - did you know you're so beautiful, on the edge of summer? that years from now i'll cry to remember how very close you were...
paul taneja - city lights - added this one mostly for the mood and the music past the vocals xD [around 2mins]
antimatter - weight of the world save me, i'm in a sea of beings, and there's no denying, the waves are holding me under. i'm trying to scream but i can't exhale...
arcade fire - my body is a cage my body is a cage that keeps me from dancing with the one i love. we take what we're given. just because you've forgotten, that don't mean you're forgiven.
eilera - the angel ... i'm the angel you love *INSERT DELICIOUS FIDDLE*, the angel you hate, and i'm sorry.

teh hchano
that vulgar chick

Next

Return to d*s general